Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Mike Brophy - Hockey "Insider"

I'm not sure if there's anyone as stupid as a Toronto sportscaster. I've tried hard to think of somebody and I've come up with squat.

Granted, I'm a Detroit Red Wing fan, so I'm biased. Then again, I'm partial to the Blue Jays, so I should be on board the Toronto sportscaster bandwagon. But I'm not. I've lived in too many places and listened to too much radio. Final result: knowledge that every sportcaster in Toronto is a wannabe twit. Bad analysis, idiotic theories, you name it.

Case in point: I was listening to the Hockey Central show on the Sportsnet channel. There's Mike Brophy, the hockey "insider," asking Blues coach Andy Murray how devastating Detroit's third overtime period loss must have been for the team. Can they recover? It's just a killer, isn't it? Devastating, right?

Bonehead.

Let us hearken back to the dark, ancient days of...2008. Less than 11 months ago, Detroit played a game against the Pittsburgh Penguins that went into triple overtime. It was the Stanley Cup finals. Detroit lost.

The loss was so devastating that the Red Wings went on to win the Stanley Cup a couple of days later.

I'm not saying Detroit will win another Cup this year. What makes me laugh is a hockey "insider" who can't remember what he had for dinner last night.

No comments: