Thursday, April 30, 2009

Joe Biden Ungirds His Loins

"With all due respect, that isn't remotely close to what he said..."

That's why I like Tapper, though I don't know how much I'd like him if he was asking questions of me.

I love Gibbs' reponse here: Ignore what Biden said. I'm telling you what he was supposed to say.



The backstory on this is that Joe "Gird Your Loins" Biden went on TV and said that he told his family not to take the subway in case they catch swine flu. So much for that steel cup he's been sporting. Chicken.

He also said schools should be shuttered and added, "If you're out in the middle of a field and someone sneezes that's one thing. If you're in a closed aircraft or a closed container or closed car or closed classroom it's a different thing."

Well. The Veep decided to go it alone and has now frightened parents of schoolchildren, made the subway a deathtrap, put the kibosh on the airline industry, and left everyone wondering which "containers" they should avoid at all costs. Partying with friends in a Tupperware bowl? Beware!

I remember a while ago when people were complaining that there weren't enough flu shots to go around. Bush said that if you were healthy and strong, don't get a shot. Leave it for the kids and the elderly. He added that he hadn't received a shot and wasn't going to.

Now you've got Biden hiding in the middle of a field dodging sneeze particles.

This guy's a laugh a minute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Biden definitely dropped the ball on that one. I've never had a flu shot and I think I've had the flu twice in my lifetime. And for Pete's sake, if you get this flu, it seems that the odds are pretty good at getting over it. From very little cases I've heard in Canada, they've all recovered.

Next...